Signing Day Boasts Skilled Athletes
On Wednesday, February 1, National Signing Day took place at high schools all over the country. This day allows many high school athletes who are continuing to be involved in their sport at the next level to formally sign to their university of choice.
At Heritage’s Signing Day, 14 athletes signed to schools all over the country. While these athletes have already formally committed to a college, there are still more who have the opportunity to do the same, and National Signing Day is by no means a cutoff date for athletes who want to continue their careers in college. Below is a list of students who took part in Heritage’s Signing Day.
- Noah Breslaw- West Point- Soccer
- Miranda Ciccarelli- Stonehill College- Soccer
- Tara Guetz- Nebraska Wesleyan University- Soccer
- Chase Hansen- Colorado School of Mines- Football
- Katherine Harston- New Mexico State University- Swimming
- Jacob Hilton- University of New Mexico- Baseball
- Chayse Jimenez- South Dakota School of Mines & Technology- Football
- James Kester- Cornell College- Baseball
- Ashleigh Maguire- Colorado Christian University- Soccer
- Samantha Manelis- Savannah College of Art & Design- Soccer
- Matt McClurg- Oklahoma State University- Football
- Casey Opitz- University of Arkansas- Baseball
- Emma Spotts- Butler- Swimming
- Emily Womeldorff- Lamar Community College- Softball
Fall athletes gear up for season
Athletes took part in strength and conditioning programs for their upcoming seasons. This year marks the first year Heritage has ever had a coach that works with athletes across all sports on strength and conditioning.
Baseball slams into season
As the preseason expires and the baseball season quickly begins, Heritage’s baseball team is giving their all in order to be well equipped to be successful.